By request, we’ve shifted the date for the third advanced workshop in WorkAccord’s Vic. Labour Hire Licensing; “Up-Close & Personal” series. The “Prepare your Application” workshop has been moved to 3 May 2019 to allow an opportunity to review and digest the Authority’s guidance material, due to be released by 29 April, when the scheme commences.
We’ve designed this series especially for participants who already have some knowledge of the scheme but need to go deeper to explore its implications for their business or advisory services.
You’ll get to examine:
- eligibility criteria – who is prevented from applying?
- information that you need to support your application
- the “accommodation trap”
- the “visa trap”
- the “worker classification trap” – how to identify the different categories of workers you need to report on (employees v independent contractors v hybrid workers)
- data matching traps
- the fit-and-proper-person requirement
- “skeletons-in-the cupboard” and what to do about them
- removing the “dead wood” and some hard conversations you may need to have
- mutual recognition, interstate licences and “approved schemes”
- the Authority’s discretion to grant a licence even if the application does not satisfy all requirements
- licence fees and how they are calculated
- the question of timing
- tactical withdrawal
- Gain confidence in managing the application process
- Identify the information you will need and prepare an information capture plan
- Evaluate your compliance history
- Avoid leaving yourself open to refusals and objections
- Develop an application preparedness strategy you can take back to the office
THIS IS A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW AND DRAW ON THE GUIDELINES WHICH THE VICTORIAN LABOUR HIRE AUTHORITY SAYS IT WILL HAVE IN PLACE BY THE SCHEME COMMENCEMENT ON 29/4/19.
Come along as we will answer some of the hard questions that may have been causing some concern.
Class sizes will be strictly limited to ensure a high level of interaction and quality learning.
To find out more or to reserve your place check out the Eventbrite registration page here. Or copy this link into your browser https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/vic-labour-hire-licensing-up-close-personal-prepare-your-application-tickets-59754284674
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Andrew C Wood.